Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Brief Summary of Kingston (Very Brief)

Alriiiiight so this morning I woke up and realized... I've posted two samplings from the book my good friend and I are working on so far. But I haven't even said what the book's ABOUT. Very sorry about that! Here, let's see if I can do a brief, BRIEF summary.

Somewhere in the 1730s, seventeen-year-old Reese Anwyl is struggling to take care of six homeless urchins in the underbelly of the seedy port city of Kingston. Their primary method of survival: thievery, referred to as the Game. Just when Reese decides to wean the "family" off it, hoping for an honest future for them all, his strongest opposition, the headstrong Liv, goes on a secret mission with a conman named Finch Killigrew to steal a signet ring off of some young post captain at the governor's party. Little does the girl know that this ring holds the key to not only a legendary island but Reese's long lost past and perhaps his parents. In a desperate attempt to find his true family, Reese risks all and stops at nothing to hunt the man who wronged him years ago. But, in this attempt, what will happen to the "family" he found on the streets of Kingston?

Yes. Well. There you have it! I'm always weaker on plot than I am on character development, so tell me if this sounds boring or scattered! I could use some criticism!

My friend and I have been working on this for a while now, and let me tell you, she's just awesome and really puts so much into the writing. She's also an artist and drew a few characters-- you can find her at  tumblr http://monkinonk.tumblr.com/ or http://thescottishsketcher.blogspot.com/, though she hasn't updated the second in a long time. But really, if you like drawings, check her out and look at her art tag! (Thanks for everything, Mons!)

Alright! I'll post again soon!

God bless, everybody!

2 comments: